Donald Blackburn/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Donald Blackburn, or pages that link to Donald Blackburn or to this page or whose text .
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff : The senior member of the uniformed services of the United States, statutory senior military adviser to the President and Secretary of Defense; currently Admiral Mike Mullen; policy developer and adviser not in the operational chain of command
- Foreign internal defense : The United States military doctrine for assisting Host Nations in their counterinsurgency programs
- Second World War : Alternative term for World War II.
- Unconventional warfare (United States doctrine) : The United States' doctrinal term for the way the Department of Defense sees its forces operating in the more global context of insurgency.
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- Operation IVORY COAST : The code name for a 1970 mission that attempted to rescue prisoners of war at a camp in Son Tay, North Vietnam
- Special Assistant for Counterinsurgency and Special Activities : In the 1960s and 1970s, an officer who had responsibility for advising the Chairman of he Joint Chiefs of Staff on counterinsurgency and covert operations, the latter including military support to Central Intelligence Agency operations
- Robert McClure : Add brief definition or description
- Russell Volckmann : Add brief definition or description
- United States Army Special Forces : United States Army organization originally created to train and lead guerrillas, highly qualified to work with other cultures; acquired additional missions including foreign internal defense, direct action (military), special reconnaissance, counterterrorism, etc.