Democratic Party (disambiguation)
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- U.S. Democratic Party : One of the two major political parties in the United States; usually described as center-left.
- Democratic Party (Japan) : (民進党 Minshintou) Japanese political party formed in March 2016 through the merger of the Democratic Party of Japan and the Japan Innovation Party.
- Democratic Party of Japan : (民主党 Minshutou) political party formed in 1998 through the merger of parties in opposition to the governing Liberal Democratic Party, including former members of the LDP; won the 2009 Japanese general election and formed a coalition government, but lost heavily to the LDP in 2012.
- Liberal Democratic Party (Japan) : (自由民主党 Jiyuu-Minshutoo) Conservative Japanese political party which has held power near-uninterrupted since 1955.
- Social Democratic Party (Japan) : Add brief definition or description