From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Counterforce, or pages that link to Counterforce or to this page or whose text .
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- Military doctrine : The fundamental principles of a military organization.
- Nuclear warfare : Add brief definition or description
- Atmospheric reentry : The movement of human-made or natural objects as they enter the atmosphere of a planet from outer space, in the case of Earth from an altitude above the 'edge of space.'
- Countervalue : A military targeting doctrine, first articulated in the context of nuclear warfare but not restricted to it, in which the attacker plans to attacks civilian populations, and to destroy the enemy industrial capability
- Preemption (military) : An attack launched against an opponent that the attacker believes intends to directly attack him in the short term; sometimes called a spoiling attack
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.