Council on American Islamic Relations/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Council on American Islamic Relations, or pages that link to Council on American Islamic Relations or to this page or whose text .
- Muslim American : A term for United States citizens of Muslim belief, by birth or conversion, or possibly who identify with a Muslim cultural heritage; sometimes incorrectly applied to immigrants from Muslim-majority countries who are not Muslim-identified
- Civil rights : Rights considered inherent to members of a society, the arbitrary deprivation of which is subject to enforcement action
- Terrorism : An act, with targets including civilians or civilian infrastructure, intended to create an atmosphere of fear in order to obtain a political objective.
- Larry Shaw : Chairman, Council on American Islamic Relations; North Carolina state legislator
- Nabil Sadoun : Vice Chairman, Council on American Islamic Relations; Islamic education consultant working with the Islamic Services Foundation (ISF); member, American Academy of Religion (AAR), Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (ASCD), Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)
- Nihad Awad : Executive Director and Advisory Board, Council on American Islamic Relations; 1997 Vice President Al Gore’s Civil Rights Advisory Panel to the White House Commission on Aviation Safety and Security; 2000 American Muslim Political Coordinating Committee (AMPCC); U.S. Department of State’s “International Visitors Program”; one of a few Muslim leaders invited by President George W. Bush to the White House shortly after 9/11
- Ihsan Bagby : Associate Professor of Islamic Studies at University of Kentucky; Advisory Board, Council on American Islamic Relations; General Secretary, Diwan [Executive Committee], Muslim Alliance in North America (MANA); Hartford Seminary’s The Hartford Institute for Religion Research; Interfaith Alliance and Islamic Society of North America (ISNA)
- Sarwat Husain : Publisher of Al-Ittihaad Monthly, the largest American Muslim newspaper in Texas, and is a frequent guest columnist for the San Antonio Express News ;Advisory Board, Council on American Islamic Relations; founding president of the San Antonio chapter of CAIR; San Antonio Interreligious Council and the Texas Media Empowerment Project; She is a founder of the San Antonio Muslim Council and a member of the San Antonio Council for International Visitors; formerly served on the FBI Regional Advisory Council and was selected to serve on the board of the San Antonio Mayors Commission under Mayor Garza; ember of the Texas Muslim Political Taskforce and currently serves as president of the Texas Muslim Democratic Caucus; delegate to the Texas Democratic Convention.
- Fouad Khatib : Electrical engineer and computer scientist by profession, specializing in energy management systems; A California registered professional engineer, he is a community activist in the San Francisco Bay Area; Advisory Board, Council on American Islamic Relations
- Isam Zaiem : Add brief definition or description Advisory Board, Council on American Islamic Relations;
- Daniel Pipes : Director of the Middle East Forum; publisher, Middle East Quarterly and Taube distinguished visiting fellow at the Hoover Institution of Stanford University; member, Committee on the Present Danger; book author and columnist, director 1986-1983, Foreign Policy Research Institute; board member, United States Institute of Peace; son of Soviet specialist Richard Pipes; Hasbara speakers bureau; "favorite columnist", American Conservative Union
- Michelle Malkin : self-described "mother, wife, blogger, conservative syndicated columnist (via Creators Syndicate), author, and Fox News Channel contributor"; columnist, Frontpage Magazine; contributor, Family Security Matters; "favorite columnist", American Conservative Union
- Robert Spencer : Director of Jihad Watch and Dhimmi Watch; advisory board, American Congress for Truth; columnist, Frontpage Magazine