From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
(Redirected from Conductor)
- Conductor (materials): A material conducive to the transfer of electrons through it
- Conductor of a Dirichlet character: The smallest modulus of any Dirichlet character compatible with a given character.
- Conductor of a number field: Used in algebraic number theory; a modulus which determines the splitting of prime ideals.
- Conductor of an abelian variety: A measure of the nature of the bad reduction at some prime.
- : A measure of the nature of the bad reduction at some prime.
- conductor (music): The leader of a musical ensemble, such as an orchestra.