Commentary (magazine)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Commentary (magazine), or pages that link to Commentary (magazine) or to this page or whose text .
- Norman Podhoretz : Editor-at-large and formerly editor, Commentary (magazine), a leading journal of neoconservatism; member, Committee on the Present Danger; advisor, Project for the New American Century; adjunct fellow, Hudson Institute; spouse of Midge Decter
- Midge Decter : Neoconservative journalist; Trustee of the Heritage Foundation; Jamestown Foundation Advisory Board; Board of Advisors, Foreign Policy Research Institute; Committee on the Present Danger; Accuracy in Media National Advisory Board; spouse of Norman Podhoretz; advisor, Project for the New American Century
- American Jewish Committee : Advocacy organization founded in 1906 to bring together all variants of American Jewry and defend the interests of Jews around the world.
- Gabriel Schoenfeld : Senior Fellow, Hudson Institute, working on government secrecy and Resident Scholar at the Witherspoon Institute in Princeton, New Jersey
- Judaism : Monotheistic religion of the Jewish people based on the Torah.
- Neoconservatism : A political philosophy and ideology which combines many traditional conservative opinions with an emphasis on the importance of foreign policy and using American power to push democracy forward.
- Hudson Institute : A US think tank emphasizing futures studies, nonpartisan but conservative-leaning
- Committee on the Present Danger : An interest group that has been formed periodically to draw attention to a threat to the United States
- Project for the New American Century : neoconservative think tank and interest group, formed, in its words, to promote the foreign policy principles of the Reagan Administration: "a military that is strong and ready to meet both present and future challenges; a foreign policy that boldly and purposefully promotes American principles abroad; and national leadership that accepts the United States' global responsibilities;" actively supported regime change and preventive war in the Middle East
- The Israel Lobby and U.S. Foreign Policy : A controversial book by two American academics, suggesting that the relationship between the United States and Israel is dysfunctional, but affected by a loose but politically powerful set of interest groups in both countries
- David Horowitz : (1939—) American conservative activist who underwent a conversion from the New Left of the 1960s and 1970s, to become an intense critic of liberalism, and later Islamist thought, in popular culture; founder of the David Horowitz Freedom Center and various watchdog organizations; "favorite columnist", American Conservative Union.
- Jennifer Rubin : American political blogger for alternative, political, and generally Repubican/conservative media including Pajamas Media and Commentary (magazine); Washington, DC Editor for Pajamas Media; graduate UC Berkeley with a BA in History and received her JD from Boalt School of Law. She has practiced labor and employment law for over twenty years.
- Likud : Headed by Prime Minister and ruling coalition leader Benjamin Netanyahu, a center-right political party of the State of Israel
- Gary Schmitt : Resident Scholar and Director of Advanced Strategic Studies, American Enterprise Institute; Executive Director, Project for the New American Century (1997-2005}; Adjunct Professor, School of Advanced International Studies, Johns Hopkins University (1996-97); Fellow, The National Interest, Brookings Institution, and National Strategy Information Center, (1988-96}; Executive Director, President's Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board (1984-88}; ; minority staff (1981-1982) director (1982-1984) Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Emergency Committee for Israel : Formed in July 2010 by a board including neoconservatives and a Christian Zionist, a U.S. political group opposing those that they do not consider to have a strong pro-Israel policy