Command guidance/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Command guidance, or pages that link to Command guidance or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Command guidance. Needs checking by a human.
- AGM-62 Walleye : A U.S. guided bomb of the 1960s, which provided the operator with a television view of the target, and a limited "fire and forget" capability since it would hold the last trajectory given
- ALQ-162 : A continuous wave radar jammer, used primarily on helicopters against semi-active radar homing missiles
- Air-to-air missile : A guided missile fired by one aircraft at another airborne target, such as an aircraft, unmanned aerial vehicle, or cruise missile
- Forward-looking infrared : An older term for thermal imaging systems, typically airborne, that can "see" objects by their heat emissions and difference from background, in conditions including night and fog
- Fritz-X : First used by the Luftwaffe in WWII, the first precision guided munition to be used by an aircraft to attack a ship; a visually-guided rocket-boosted bomb
- Proximity fuze : Fuze designed to detonate an explosive device automatically when the distance to target becomes smaller than a predetermined value.
- RIM-161 Standard SM-3 : Theater anti-ballistic (i.e., midcourse and terminal phases) and anti-satellite missile, using hit-to-kill, launched from ships equipped with the AN/SPY-2 radar and AEGIS battle management system.
- RIM-162 ESSM : In U.S. Navy service, a short-to-medium range surface-to-air missile of which four will fit in a vertical launch system cell; derived from the AIM-7 Sparrow air-to-air missile
- S-200 (missile) : Soviet long-range surface-to-air missile optimized against high-altitude, high-speed targets; long minimum range. Do not confuse its designation, SA-5 GAMMON, with the SA-5 GRIFFON, which was the V-1000 anti-ballistic missile
- SPG-62 : In the AEGIS battle management system for anti-air warfare, this radar provides the final illumination for terminal guidance of an SM-2 surface-to-air missile
- Semi-active radar homing : In contrast to active radar homing and command guidance, a missile guidance method in which the missile carries a radar receiver only, homing on the reflections, from the target, of a separate illuminating radar
- Surface-to-air missile : A guided missile fired from land or water, to destroy aircraft and possibly missiles; naval versions may have a secondary anti-shipping missile capability