From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
(Redirected from Colon)
- Colon (punctuation): Punctuation mark (:) used after a word introducing a quotation, an explanation, an example or a series, and often after the salutation of a business letter.
- Colon (anatomy): The segment of large intestine between the cecum and the rectum including the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.
- Colon Classification, a library classification system devised by Ranganathan
- Sergeant Fred Colon, recurring character in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
- Colón, Spanish form of Columbus