From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Chip may refer to food and other items:
- Chips (food): Strips of skinless potato that are grilled, deep-fried or baked until their outsides are crisp and approaching golden brown in colour
- French fries: Thin sticks of potato that have been deep-fried.
- Crisps: Extremely thin slice of potato, generally deep-fried and eaten cold as a snack.
- Integrated circuit: Miniaturized electronic circuit that has been manufactured in the surface of a thin substrate of semiconductor material.
- Poker chips, used in gambling or wagers
- Fragment - a piece or section of an item removed by force