Chandelier cell/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Chandelier cell: A type of GABAergic interneurons in the cerebral cortex of mammals — with an axon arbor that resembles a chandelier — that contact the axon initial segment of pyramidal cells.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Neuron : An excitable cell that is specialized to conduct nerve impulses.
- Interneuron : Add brief definition or description
- GABA-ergic interneuron : Add brief definition or description
- Neurotransmitter : A class of chemicals which relay, amplify or modulate electrical signals between a neuron and other cells in the nervous system.
- Synapse : Contact point between neurons and other cells, crucial for nerve signalling
- Chandelier : Add brief definition or description