Carol Rosenberg/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Carol Rosenberg, or pages that link to Carol Rosenberg or to this page or whose text .
- McClatchy Company : Third-largest newspaper company in the United States, which also operates a news service and websites
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S. : Situations where the Executive Branch of the United States government has detained individuals without the authority of the judicial branch of government; there have been many cases going back to through the early history of the nation, sometimes during overt war, and, perhaps better known at present, directed against non-national threats.
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : Policies and practices relevant to detention in intelligence and military facilities, the latter when no prisoner of war status was granted
- Extrajudicial detention, U.S., Barack Obama Administration : How the Barack Obama administration has approached the concept of extrajudicial detention.
- Guantanamo Bay detention camp : A military-operated extrajudicial detention facility created by the George W. Bush Administration for selected captives apprehended during the war on terror; ordered closed by the Obama administration but apparently will remain in operation indefinitely
- Military Commissions Act of 2006 : U.S. law authorizing the President or Secretary of Defense to create tribunals for determining the prisoner of war status of persons captured as non-national combatants, and to try them, outside the regular judicial system, for war crimes