CZ:Literature Workgroup/Japanese literature
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Ryunosuke Akutagawa: Add brief definition or description
- Osamu Dazai: Add brief definition or description
- : (1924-1993) Japanese novelist and dramatist; wrote The Woman in the Dunes.
- Masuji Ibuse: (1898-1993) Japanese novelist and short story writer; wrote Black Rain.
- : (1899-1972) Japanese novelist and winner of the Nobel Prize for literature; wrote Snow Country and The Sound of the Mountain.
- : (1935- ) Nobel prize winning Japanese novelist; wrote A Personal Matter and The Silent Cry.
- Shusaku Endo: Add brief definition or description
- Ryu Murakami: Add brief definition or description
- : (1867-1916) Japanese novelist; wrote Botchan, The Wayfarer, and Kokoro.
- : (1886-1965) Japanese novelist, short story writer, and dramatist; wrote The Makioka Sisters and Some Prefer Nettles.
- Yukio Mishima: (1925-70) Japanese novelist who advocated a return to traditionalism; wrote Confessions of a Mask, and the tetralogy The Sea of Fertility; politically far-right; attempted nationalist coup and committed seppuku
- Matsuo Bashō: (1644-94) Japanese haiku poet, widely considered to be the most accomplished practitioner of the art form.
- Yosa Buson: Add brief definition or description
- Kobayashi Issa: Add brief definition or description