CZ:Editorial Council Resolution 0012/Member position statements
This page contains the official positions of Citizendium Editorial Council Members about Editorial Council Resolution 0012.
The governing rules for discussion are found at Editorial Council Rules of Procedure. The following are reminders.
- Council Members should place their comments, limited to 600 words maximum, underneath their names on this page. Comments will be ordered based on when they first appeared on this page; new comments should simply be appended to the bottom.
- Members may edit their comments throughout the discussion period.
- Each Member will be required to read this page before voting.
- There are other methods of commentary on the resolution, but no commentary is required reading for Members other than this page.
- This page will be closed for editing when voting begins.
- The closing date for position statements can be found on the resolution page and will be announced on cz-editcouncil, followed by reminders. Note that Members may move to extend discussion.
Original Member position statements
Milton Beychok 13:12, 10 July 2008 (CDT): I fully agree with this resolution. My only thought is that the emails that will be sent to all registrants to "prod" them gently, mentioned by Larry Sanger on the forums, should wait until this resolution has been adopted (if it is adopted). Then the said emails could refer to the policy about "inactive" editors.
- Milt, just let me say that this is very reasonable and I'm sure we will do this, and would have done it even without your asking--not to say your saying so was not helpful and did not solidify the principle, which it was and did. --Larry Sanger 21:48, 20 July 2008 (CDT)