CZ:Editorial Council Resolution 0005/Member position statements
except where they contradicted the merger. The following links are to archived and out-of-date pages:
• Resolutions • Log • Essential Policy •
This page contains the official positions of Citizendium Editorial Council Members about Editorial Council Resolution 0005.
The governing rules for discussion are found at Editorial Council Rules of Procedure. The following are reminders.
- Council Members should place their comments, limited to 600 words maximum, underneath their names on this page. Comments will be ordered based on when they first appeared on this page; new comments should simply be appended to the bottom.
- Members may edit their comments throughout the discussion period.
- Each Member will be required to read this page before voting.
- There are other methods of commentary on the resolution, but no commentary is required reading for Members other than this page.
- This page will be closed for editing when voting begins.
- The closing date for position statements can be found on the resolution page and will be announced on cz-editcouncil, followed by reminders. Note that Members may move to extend discussion.
Member position statements
I would be somewhat happier with the resolution if it did specify the preferred languages for appropriate broad groups of subjects. I think the principle that UK (or American, etc.) topics should be presented in the appropriate version of the language is worth stating as a general idea -- though not necessarily an absolutely requirement. DavidGoodman 18:15, 28 August 2007 (CDT)