From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Butterscotch, or pages that link to Butterscotch or to this page or whose text .
- Caramelization : Generally, a range of heat-based reactions that convert sugars to darker and more flavored substances; specifically, pyrolytic oxidation of sugars
- Candy : Add brief definition or description
- Maillard reaction : Add brief definition or description
- Caramel : In its natural form, a flavor produced by heating light sugar until it melts and darkens in the process of caramelization
- Butterfat : Add brief definition or description
- Oxidation : Chemical loss of electrons, gain of oxygen, or loss of hydrogen, from an atom, ion or molecule (oxidation); chemical gain of electrons, loss of oxygen, or gain of hydrogen, from and atom, ion, or molecule (reduction)