From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
For bot guidelines on Citizendium, see CZ:Bot_policy
Bot may refer to:
- Robot: Virtual or mechanical artificial agent, usually an electro-mechanical machine which is guided by computer or electronic programming, and is thus able to do tasks on its own.
- Internet bot, a type of computer program to do automated tasks
- Computer game bot, a computer controlled player or opponent
- Botnet: A set of compromised computers which can collectively provide services to a "bot herder".
- Botsourcing, the assignment of tasks to an automated, or intelligent, programmed agent
- Chatterbot, a computer program designed to simulate an intelligent conversation with a human
- Botfly, a harmful insect
- Bot, Tarragona, a small municipality in the Terra Alta, Spain
- Alienware Bot, a brand of desktop computer
- Bote, a legal compensation, and the origin of the phrase to boot
- Bernard Bot, former Dutch Minister of Foreign Affairs
- In Sweden, a song called "Boten Anna" became a hit in the middle of 2006. It is about an IRC bot.