Boston, Massachusetts/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Boston, Massachusetts, or pages that link to Boston, Massachusetts or to this page or whose text .
- Massachusetts : A State in the New England region of the north-east USA.
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Boston. Needs checking by a human.
- Aafia Siddique : A Pakistani citizen and scientist, held in extrajudicial detention for five years for alleged terrorist ties, who is in proceedings at the U.S. Federal Court for the Southern District of New York, based on Federal Bureau of Investigation reports that she shot a U.S. officer and had documents and materials that may have been intended to cause explosions. Pakistani government representatives regularly attend the court.
- Alan Colmes : Liberally-identified American radio and television political commentator
- American Revolution : The political and military action of the American colonists who overthrew British control between 1763-1789.
- Boston (disambiguation) : Add brief definition or description
- Boston, Lincolnshire : Port in Lincolnshire on the East coast of England.
- Colonial America : The eastern United States and parts of Canada from the time of European settlement to the time of the American Revolution.
- Diego Mazquiarán : Add brief definition or description
- Edgar Allan Poe : (1809–1849) American poet, short story writer, playwright, editor, critic, essayist, and one of the most prominent figures in the American Romantic Movement in literature.
- Fall River, Massachusetts : City in Bristol County, Massachusetts, U.S.A., located about 49 miles south of Boston.
- Federal Reserve System : The authority to which the United States government has assigned responsibility for the conduct of monetary policy and the supervision of member banks.
- Hawaiian bible : Translation of the original Hebrew Old Testament, and Greek New Testament texts into the Hawaiian Language
- Hiram Bingham : One of the first missionaries to the Hawaiian Islands.
- Homeopathy : System of alternative medicine involving administration of highly diluted substances with the intention to stimulate the body's natural healing processes, not considered proven by mainstream science.
- Moving panorama : Form of visual entertainment in the nineteenth century, utilising contiguous views of passing scenery, as if seen from a boat or a train window.
- Mysticism : Religious practice attempting to induce experiences of oneness with the divine or transcendent.
- Nathanael Greene : A general in the Continental Army during the American Revolution; he became one of George Washington's most trusted aides.
- New Bedford, Massachusetts : Add brief definition or description
- New Brunswick, Canada : a Maritime province on the east coast of Canada.
- New England : Region of the northeastern USA consisting of the 6 states Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut.
- New Year's Eve : December 31st, the final day of the Gregorian calendar. It is often marked by public or private celebration.
- New York City : The largest city in the United States of America and a world center of finance, commerce, communications, and the arts.
- Richard Scarry : (1919-1994) A popular author and illustrator of children's books. His first book was Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever published in 1963; he had further success with his Busytown series.
- Rufus C. Somerby : (c. 1833 - 1903), showman, and panoramist.
- Thanksgiving : A national holiday, taking place on he fourth Thursday in November in the U.S. and on the second Monday of October in Canada.
- USS Alchiba (AKA-6) : WWII U.S. Arcturus-class attack cargo ship
- USS Alhena (AKA-9) : WWII U.S. attack cargo ship
- USS Alshain (AKA-55) : An Andromeda class attack cargo ship that was deployed during World War II and the Korean War; it could carry heavy equipments, supplies, and troops, and deploy landing crafts in amphibious assaults.
- USS Birgit (AKA-24) : WWII U.S. Artemis-class attack cargo ship
- USS Libra (AKA-12) : Arcturus-class attack cargo ship
- USS Pocono (AGC-16) : Adirondack-class amphibious command ship
- USS Renate (AKA-36) : An Artemis class attack cargo ship (WWII) later converted and renamed USS Maury.
- USS Roxane (AKA-37) : Artemis-class attack cargo ship
- USS Sirona (AKA-43) : Artemis-class attack cargo ship of the Second World War
- USS Sylvania (AKA-44) : U.S. Navy WWII Artemis-class attack cargo ship
- USS Tabora (AKA-45) : Artemis class attack cargo ship.
- USS Valeria (AKA-48) : Artemis-class attack cargo ship of the Second World War
- USS Vanadis (AKA-49) : Serving in WWII, an Artemis-class attack cargo ship, later converted to a repair ship
- USS Veritas (AKA-50) : Serving in WWII, an Artemis-class attack cargo ship
- USS Whitley (AKA-91) : Attack cargo ship of the Andromeda-class, serving in WWII
- USS Wyandot (AKA-92) : Attack cargo ship of the Andromeda-class, serving in WWII and well beyond
- USS Yancey (AKA-93) : Serving in WWII, an attack cargo ship
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.