Beyond visual range/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Beyond visual range, or pages that link to Beyond visual range or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Beyond visual range. Needs checking by a human.
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- AIM-7 Sparrow : A semi-active radar homing air-to-air missile introduced during the Vietnam War, the early models were not effective, although it improved over time, spawned the RIM-162 ESSM naval surface-to-air missile, but has been replaced for air-to-air use by the AIM-120 AMRAAM
- Operation Bolo : An offensive counter-air operation, sometimes called a fighter sweep, in which a formation of aircraft, looking like bombers and escorts, flew into North Vietnam to invite fighter attack; the attackers discovered that the "bombers" were actually air superiority fighters
- RIM-162 ESSM : In U.S. Navy service, a short-to-medium range surface-to-air missile of which four will fit in a vertical launch system cell; derived from the AIM-7 Sparrow air-to-air missile