Battle of Tarawa/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Battle of Tarawa, or pages that link to Battle of Tarawa or to this page or whose text .
- Amphibious warfare : The set of techniques, equipment, specialized units, and methods of training needed to move troops across water, and deliver them to land, ready for immediate combat.
- Second World War : Alternative term for World War II.
- World War Two in the Pacific : The part of World War II (1937-45) fought in Asia and the Pacific Ocean between Japan and the U.S., China, Britain, Australia, and other Allies.
- Gilbert Islands : An island group in the western part of the central Pacific Ocean, now the Republic of Kiribati, which contains the Tarawa atoll and Betio island, site of the WWII Battle of Tarawa
- Betio : Add brief definition or description
- V Amphibious Corps : Add brief definition or description
- 2nd Marine Division : An United States Marine Corps division, based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
- Makin Island : Add brief definition or description