Bank (finance)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Bank (finance), or pages that link to Bank (finance) or to this page or whose text .
- Economics : The analysis of the production, distribution, and consumption of goods and services.
- Finance : Add brief definition or description
Biggest global banks
- See also: Bank (finance)/Catalogs/Biggest banks
- Central bank : A government agency that is responsible for monetary policy and the support of the banking system (for example the Federal Reserve Board and the Bank of England). Usually responsible for controlling a country's monetary policy and preserving the value of its currency.
- Federal Reserve System : The authority to which the United States government has assigned responsibility for the conduct of monetary policy and the supervision of member banks.
- European Central Bank : The central bank for Europe's single currency, the euro, whose monetary policy is primarily required to maintain the euro's purchasing power.
- Bank of England : The central bank of the whole of the United Kingdom established in 1694, and is the model on which most modern, large central banks have been based.
- Building society : UK mortgage lender, British counterpart of Savings and Loans.