Australian National Kennel Council
The ANKC is an umbrella organisation, it does not administer registers and memberships directly. These matters are run by the individual states' canine councils, under the auspices of the ANKC.
The current chairman of the Australian National Kennel Council is Hugh Gent, who has recently announced his impending resignation.
- Australian Capital Territory Canine Association Inc.
- Royal New South Wales Canine Council Ltd.
- North Australian Canine Association Inc.
- Canine Control Council (Queensland)
- South Australia Canine Association Inc.
- Tasmanian Canine Association Inc.
- Victorian Canine Association Inc.
- Canine Association of Western Australia Inc.
- Although to date no single kennel club caters for all of the world's recognised purebreds, the term "all-breed club" to refer to a national or international entity is in generally-accepted use.