From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Nicholas Everitt, The Non-Existence of God
- Michael Martin, Atheism: A Philosophical Justification
- Alex Rosenberg (2012) ‘’The Atheist's Guide to Reality: Enjoying Life Without Illusions’’. W. W. Norton & Company. ISBN 0393080234. ISBN 9780393080230. | Google Books Preview | Amazon Books ‘Look Inside’.
- Alex Rosenberg is the R. Taylor Cole Professor and chair of the Department of Philosophy at Duke University and the codirector of the Duke Center for Philosophy of Biology.
- Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
- Sam Harris, Letter to a Christian Nation
- Sam Harris, The End of Faith
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great
- A. C. Grayling, Against All Gods: Six Polemics on Religion and an Essay on Kindness
- John Allen Paulos, Irreligion: A Mathematician Explains Why the Arguments for God Just Don't Add Up
- Victor Stenger, God: The Failed Hypothesis
History of atheism
- Susan Jacoby, Freethinkers: A History of American Secularism
- Jonathan Miller, A Brief History of Disbelief (television series)
- Atheism. (2010). In Encyclopædia Britannica. Retrieved February 03, 2010, from Encyclopædia Britannica Online. Full-Text.
- First paragraph: in general, the critique and denial of metaphysical beliefs in God or spiritual beings. As such, it is usually distinguished from theism, which affirms the reality of the divine and often seeks to demonstrate its existence. Atheism is also distinguished from agnosticism, which leaves open the question whether there is a god or not, professing to find the questions unanswered or unanswerable.