From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
This is a bibliography of major works on Apostle.
- Albright, W. F. and Mann, C. S. (1971) "Matthew." The Anchor Bible Series. New York: Doubleday & Company.
- Carson, D.A. "The Limits of Functional Equivalence in Bible Translation - and other Limits Too." The Challenge of Bible Translation: Communicating God's Word to the World. edited by Glen G Scorgie, Mark L. Strauss, Steven M. Voth.
- Clarke, Howard W. (2003) The Gospel of Matthew and its Readers: A Historical Introduction to the First Gospel. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Hume Campbell, W. (1929) Lessons on the Apostles' Creed. London: Church of England Sunday School Institute.
- Jeffrey, David Lyle (ed.) (1992) "Fishers of Men." A Dictionary of Biblical Tradition in English Literature. Grand Rapids: W. B. Eerdmans.
- France, R. T. (1985) The Gospel According to Matthew: an Introduction and Commentary. Leicester: Inter-Varsity.
- Manek, Jindrich (1958) "Fishers of Men." Novum Testamentum. p. 138
- Peterson, David (2009) The Acts of the Apostles. Nottingham, England: Apollos. ISBN 1-84474-386-1
- Schweizer, Eduard (1975) The Good News According to Matthew. Atlanta: John Knox Press.
- Wuellner, Wilhelm H. (1967) The Meaning of "Fishers of Men". Westminster Press.