From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Apartheid, or pages that link to Apartheid or to this page or whose text .
- F. W. de Klerk : Founder and chairman of the Global Leadership Foundation; President of South Africa (1989-1994); executive deputy president (1994-1996); opposition leader 1996-1997; Nobel Peace Prize; Member of the Assembly of the Parliament of Cultures in Istanbul; participant in Forum 2000; advisory boards of the Peres Centre for Peace in Israel and the Global Panel in Germany
- Nelson Mandela : (1918-2013) Former President of South Africa and leader of the African National Congress whose revolutionary fight against racial discrimination inspired his people to bring about an end to the apartheid regime; spent 27 years as a political prisoner and after serving as South Africa's first black President, became a philanthropist and campaigner.
- Hendrik Verwoerd : Add brief definition or description
- Civil rights : Rights considered inherent to members of a society, the arbitrary deprivation of which is subject to enforcement action
- Ethnic cleansing : Add brief definition or description
- National Party (South Africa) : A South African political party, known especially for its implementation of apartheid.
- Racial segregation : Add brief definition or description
- Separate development : A translation of apartheid, intended to be more appealing to the West
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights : Declaration adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, consisting of 30 articles with definitions of civil, political, economic, social, and cultural rights.