Anti-nuclear protest/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Anti-nuclear protest, or pages that link to Anti-nuclear protest or to this page or whose text .
- Social movement : Contentious performances, public displays and advocacy campaigns by ordinary people to assert collective claims for attention, redress of grievances and change, and the voluntary associations, formal organizations and emergent institutions that coordinate and direct them.
- Protest movement : Add brief definition or description
- Nuclear engineering : The field of engineering whose main focus is to use the energy provided by nuclear fission or fusion for practical purposes.
- Nuclear power : The energy produced from controlled (non-explosive) nuclear reactions. Commercial nuclear power plants currently use the heat energy derived from nuclear fission reactions to generate steam, which in turn is used to generate electricity or other energy.
- Nuclear weapon : A weapon that produces extremely powerful explosions from principles involving subatomic particle reactions, rather than the chemical reactions among atoms that power conventional explosives