From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- Critical Cultural Landscapes of North America (2008), by Ingolf Vogeler. Vogeler examines the "meanings and values" of various groupings in North America. In chapter 2 ("Communal Landscapes"), he examines various Utopian groupings, both extinct (Shaker, Oneida, Amana) and currently functional (Amish Mennonite, Hutterite).
- Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia On-line Offers over 14,000 entries on Anabaptist related topics, including Amish, Brethren, Hutterite, and Mennonite groups.
- "The Schleitheim Text" Includes a full translation of the Schleitheim Articles
- Martyrs Mirror Full on-line text.
- National Committee for Amish Religious Freedom
- Wisconsin v. Yoder - Text of the US Supreme Court decision regarding Amish educational rights.
Amish and technology
- "Look Who's Talking" A Wired magazine article on the Amish and the use of cell phones.
- "Amish are surprise champions of solar technology" A "Newscientist" blog on the Amish and solar power.
- "Solar in Ohio's Amish Country" Article on the Amish and solar power from the Akron Beacon Journal