From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Allotrope, or pages that link to Allotrope or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Allotrope. Needs checking by a human.
- Carbon : Fourth most abundant chemical element in the Universe, with atomic number Z=6.
- Chemical elements : In one sense, refers to species or types of atoms, each species/type distinguished by the number of protons in the nuclei of the atoms belonging to the species/type, each species/type having a unique number of nuclear protons; in another sense, refers to substances, or pieces of matter, each composed of multiple atoms solely of a single species/type.
- Phosphorus : Chemical element (Z=15) vital to life and widely used in fertilizers, detergents and pesticides.
- Steel : An alloy whose major component is iron, with carbon content between 0.02% and 1.7% by weight, depending on grade.
- Sulfur : A yellowish crystalline chemical element with the symbol S and the atomic number of 16.