Alan Turing/External Links
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- Alan Turing: a short biography by Andrew Hodges.
- “This short on-line biography of Alan Turing is based on the entry I [Andrew Hodges] wrote for the British Dictionary of National Biography in 1995. The eight parts correspond roughly to the eight sections of my full biography, Alan Turing: the enigma."
- The latter link is to a site that has extracts from Hodges book-length biography of Turing, and extracts of the book.
- Hodges, Andrew, "Alan Turing”, The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy (Summer 2011 Edition), Edward N. Zalta (ed.)
- Sections: Outline of Life | The Turing Machine and Computability | The Logical and the Physical | The Uncomputable | Building a Universal Machine | Building a Brain | Machine Intelligence | Unfinished Work | Alan Turing: the Unknown Mind | Bibliography | Academic Tools | Other Internet Resources | Related Entries
- ALAN TURING. Sitemap of website maintained by Andrew Hodges. The domain http://www.turing.org.uk is dedicated to ALAN TURING, founder of computer science.
- A very rich source of all things related to Alan Turing. Highly recommended.
- Alan Turing: Five Notable Facts. WolframAlpha: computational knowledge engine. Sources.
- Generically viewed, perhaps the most notable.
- The Turing Digital Archive home page. Retrieved on 2012-06-23.
- Digital archive of Turing's papers.