Active radar homing/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- Novator R-172 (missile) : An extremely long-range Russian air-to-air missile, licensed to India, apparently optimized for attacking high-value assets such as Airborne Warning and Control System, air refueling and cruise missile carrier aircraft
- RIM-174 Standard SM-6 : An upgrade of the U.S. Navy RIM-156 Standard SM-2, which replaces the current semi-active radar homing terminal guidance with active radar using the AIM-120 AMRAAM seeker, giving AEGIS battle management system ships the capability to conduct over-the-horizon anti-air warfare
- Over-the-horizon : Used in various military contexts to describe source-to-target relationships that are beyond line of sight, principally terminal guidance for weapons, but also for certain long-range radars
- Infrared guidance : Missile or other guidance that locks onto an infrared energy source, and adjusts its flight controls to keep the source in the center of its course