- Volatility (chemistry): A term used to characterize the tendency of a substance to vaporize.
- Relative volatility: A measure that compares the vapor pressures of components in a liquid mixture that is widely used in designing distillation and similar separation processes.
- Volatile memory: Add brief definition or description
- Volatility (finance): Add brief definition or description
- Volatility (psychology): Add brief definition or description
- Volatility (chemical weapon): While the more common term is persistence (chemical weapon), some agents, such as phosgene and sarin, evaporate quickly and their hazard diminishes, while other agents, such as mustard gas or VX, have low volatility and contaminate areas for long periods of time
- Volatility (explosives): Explosives that are mixtures of ingredients that tend to separate, either reducing the effectiveness through evaporation, or, especially in the case of nitroglycerin based formulations, exude a component much more likely to detonate accidentally