Tea party (disambiguation)
Revision as of 20:21, 19 December 2011 by Russell D. Jones (Fiked Link)
- Tea party (social gathering) : A formal, ritualised gathering (usually of ladies) for afternoon tea.
- Tea Party movement : A loose affiliation of various groups and individuals, typically strongly fiscally and often socially conservative, involved in the restructuring of the U.S. political right; especially critical of tax increases and increases in government spending.
- Boston Tea Party : A 1773 protest by Boston revolutionaries against the British Tea Act, which lowered the duty on tea but emphasized Parliamentary authority over the British North American colonies.
- 1776 Tea Party : Add brief definition or description
- Tea Party caucus : Group of U.S. Representatives who support Tea Party movement principles; all Republicans at present; founded by Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota.
- Tea Party Express : Headed by Republican campaign consultant Sal Russo, faction of the Tea Party movement, named for the bus on which its activists travel, which has a website with virtually no information; it is vilified by Tea Party Patriots; ejected by Tea Party National Federation over alleged racist remarks
- Tea Party Patriots : A national organization supporting local Tea Party movement groups and doing national education but not chartered to endorse candidates; an outgrowth of Keli Carender's original organization
- Tea Party Nation : For-profit corporation that organized the February 2010 National Tea Party Convention, and runs a website with Tea Party Movement communications and sales of related materials
- Tea Party Leadership Team : An informal leadership coalition that participates in regular Tea Party strategy conference calls; derives from the first major conference call in February 2009
A "tea party" may also refer to:
- Tea ceremony : Considered both an art form and a form of meditation, a formal Japanese discipline of preparing and serving green tea
See Also: Tea Party movement/Related Articles