Mission Santa Inés/Gallery
(PD) Photo: Keystone-Mast
The capilla (chapel) of Mission Santa Inés as it appeared around 1900. The original bell structure (erected in 1817) collapsed in 1911 and was reconstructed out of reinforced concrete in 1948. The campanile has been compared by architectural historian Rexford Newcomb to the one that originally abutted the façade of Mission San Gabriel Arcángel.