Magnetic moment/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Magnetic moment, or pages that link to Magnetic moment or to this page or whose text .
- Magnetization : Magnetic moment per unit volume of a material, denoted M, defined in terms of the magnetic moments of its constituents by M=(1/V)Σj mj where the magnetic moment mj of the j-th constituent in the volume V is a vector property that determines the torque the object experiences in a magnetic field tending to align its moment with the field.
- Magnetic constant : A physical constant in the International System of Units (SI) relating mechanical force and electric current in classical vacuum with a defined value μ0 = 4π × 10−7 N/A2.
- Magnetic field : Vector field H caused by permanent magnets, conduction currents, and displacement currents.
- Magnetic induction : A divergence-free electromagnetic field, denoted B, determining the Lorentz force upon a moving charge, and related to the magnetic field H.
- Angular momentum coupling : The procedure of constructing eigenvectors of a system's angular momentum out of angular momentum eigenvectors of its subsystems.
- Angular momentum (quantum) : A vector operator of which the three components have well-defined commutation relations.
- Angular momentum (classical) : The tendency of a rotating object to resist changes to its rotational motion.