Guildford Cathedral in Surrey is part of the 500-square-mile Diocese of Guildford. The cathedral was consecrated in 1961, 25 years after construction started in 1936. It cathedral stands on Stag Hill, about half a mile from the centre of Guildford. In 1927 it was decided to build a cathedral in the town due to the increasing population, and five years later Sir Edward Maufe was chosen as the architect. It was designed in a Curvilinear Gothic style, and The Buildings of England noted that "The outside looks as though it will never be more than a well-mannered postscript to the Gothic Revival", however the interior was considered "very impressive and sober".
- "Welcome to Guildford Cathedral", Guildford Cathedral, accessed 21 February 2013.
- "Queen visits Guildford Cathedral and opens Redhill campus", BBC News, 18 November 2011, accessed 21 February 2013.
- Nairn, Ian; Pevsner, Niolaus; and Cherry, Bridget (2002). The Buildings of England: Surrey, second edition. Yale University Press. p. 270. ISBN 0-300-09675-5.