Difference between revisions of "English language/Catalogs/Varieties of English"
m (Varieties of English (disambiguation) moved to English language/Catalogs/Varieties of English: This is just a list of kinds of English, so probably better under the main English language article)
Revision as of 04:36, 4 October 2008
- British English : Any of the spoken and written variants of the English language originating in the United Kingdom; widely used around the world, especially in current and former countries of the Commonwealth of Nations.
- English English : Add brief definition or description
- Cockney : Working class Londoners, particularly those in the East End, or form of English spoken by this group.
- Multicultural London English : Add brief definition or description
- Yorkshire English : Add brief definition or description
- Scottish English : All varieties of English spoken in Scotland; may not include Scots where this is identified as a language in its own right.
- American English : Any of the spoken and written variants of the English language originating in the United States of America; widely used around the world.
- Canadian English : Any of the dialects of English, standard or not, that are used in Canada.
- Australian English : The varieties of the English language as used in Australia.
- New Zealand English : Add brief definition or description