Adrenocorticotrophic hormone/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to Adrenocorticotrophic hormone, or pages that link to Adrenocorticotrophic hormone or to this page or whose text .
- Anterior pituitary : Endocrine gland that secretes hormones to regulate stress, growth, metabolism and reproduction.
- Endocrinology : Generically, the study of glands and the hormonal regulation of physiology; also the subspecialty of internal medicine concerned with diseases of the endocrine system
- Hormone : A chemical director of biological activity that travels through some portion of the body as a messenger.
- Stress (physiology) : Pathological process resulting from the reaction of the body to external forces and conditions that tend to disturb the organism's homeostasis.
- Physiological stress : Biological consequences of the failure of an organism to respond appropriately to emotional or physical threats to its being, whether actual or imagined.
- Corticotroph : Endocrine cell type in the anterior pituitary gland that secretes ACTH.
- Cushing's syndrome : Add brief definition or description
- Cushing's disease : Add brief definition or description
- Addison's disease : Add brief definition or description
- Glucocorticoid : Corticosteroids that affect carbohydrate metabolism, inhibit adrenocorticotropic hormone secretion, and are anti-inflammatory.
- Adrenal cortex : Add brief definition or description
- Cortisol : Naturally-occurring glucocorticoid hormone which reduces inflammation.
- Stress (journal) : A peer-reviewed biomedical journal that publishes research papers and reviews that contribute to the understanding of stress and its adverse consequences.