XM1203 NLOS cannon/Related Articles
XM1203 NLOS cannon: Advanced experimental 155mm howitzer of the cancelled U.S. Army Future Combat Systems
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- 155mm howitzer : Implemented in self-propelled or lightweight towed versions, this howitzer size, with slight variations in caliber, is the world's most common medium artillery type
- Future Combat Systems : An cancelled development program,including a variety of military systems, including armored fighting vehicles, unmanned ground vehicles, artillery, precision guided munitions and unmanned aerial vehicles; was an evolutionary step in the restructuring of the United States Army and tailored to the brigade combat team organizational structure but will continue partially in the Brigade Combat Team Modernization
- Guided shell : A piece of artillery ammunition that can alter its course after being fired.
- Multiple Round Simultaneous Impact : A technique in which a single cannon can put a burst of multiple projectiles in the air, with trajectories calculated such that they will impact near-simultaneously.
- M982 Excalibur : Guided shell for 155mm howitzers; lower cost and more modern than the M712 Copperhead; rocket-assisted for extended range and with GPS/INS guidance