World War II, air war, Russian front/Related Articles
- See also changes related to World War II, air war, Russian front, or pages that link to World War II, air war, Russian front or to this page or whose text .
- Controlling close support to ground forces : Doctrine for deconflicting and activelu controlling all forms of kinetic and nonkinetic fires support to troops close enough to the enemy that there is a significant danger of fratricide or degrading friendly capabilities
- Close air support : Weapons delivered, by aircraft, in close proximity to friendly forces that are in contact with enemy forces; direct support of ground combat requiring extreme care to avoid fratricide
- Il-2 Shturmovik : The first successful heavily armored, heavily gunned close air support aircraft, optimized for anti-tank warfare, and the archetype for a long series of attack aircraft with similar missions
- Ju-87 Stuka : German WWII dive bomber that gave excellent close air support in the early blitzkriegs, but was too slow to survive in the Battle of Britain and against later fighters
- Defensive counter-air : The spectrum of both passive and active air defense measures, including camouflaging and protecting potential targets, electronic warfare; a superset of an integrated air defense system
- Strategic bombing : Strategic strike attacks against the homeland military forces, population and industry of a nation, conducted by manned bomber aircraft