- See also changes related to WikiLeaks, or pages that link to WikiLeaks or to this page or whose text .
- Government secrecy : The practice of government designating some information as a state secret, protecting it, and means by which the secrecy has been challenged or defeated
- Classified information : Material collected or created by a government that is subject to limitations on its release to the general public and may have penalties for its unauthorized release.
- Julian Assange : Editor-in chief at WikiLeaks.
- Whistleblowing : Add brief definition or description
- Leaking : Add brief definition or description
- Transparency (politics) : Add brief definition or description
- International effects of Wikileaks diplomatic leaks : Add brief definition or description
- International effects of Wikileaks military leaks : Add brief definition or description
- Robert Gates : U.S. Secretary of Defense in the Obama and George W. Bush Administrations; Member, Iraq Study Group; former Director of Central Intelligence
- Hillary Clinton : U.S. Secretary of State (2009-2013); Senator for New York (2001-2009); U.S. presidential candidate for the Democratic Party, 2016 (contender, 2008); former First Lady (born 1947).
- Federation of American Scientists : A nonpartisan Washington-based think tank and interest group in national and international security policy, founded in 1945
- Cryptome : A web site which publishes information on cryptography, freedom, privacy and security.
- SIPRNET : The shared United States Department of Defense network that carries the bulk of classified information, limited to a security classification of SECRET.
Subjects of disclosure
- Iraq War : Invasion of Iraq by a coalition of countries, led by the United States, in 2003, and subsequent occupation
- Inter-Services Intelligence : The military intelligence and covert action organization of Pakistan; historically contained strong Islamist elements but also concerned with India-Pakistan security issues
- Hamid Gul : Retired Pakistani lieutenant general who headed Inter-Services Intelligence during the Afghanistan War (1978-1992), post-Soviet civil war, and the 9-11 Attack
- Lebanon : a country in the Middle East. It borders Syria to the north and east, Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Its official language is Arabic, although French is widely spoken. The capital and largest city of Lebanon is Beirut.
- Hezbollah : An Islamist and Shi'a group, centered in Lebanon, which has conducted terrorism there and worldwide, but also acts a shadow government and provides public services