User:Robert W King
- I am still alive! I'm currently attending Old Dominion University in Norfolk, Virginia, getting my BS in Mechanical Engineering and a minor in Chemistry. It is unlikely that I will be able to prioritize work here due to other constraints. Feel free to contact me :) (8/5/2011 13:40 EST)
Robert - Introduced to England by the Normans, Robert is derived from the Old High German Hruodperht, a compound name composed of the elements hruod (fame) and perht (bright). The name was borne by Robert I (d. 1035), Duke of Normandy and father of William the Conqueror, and by three kings of Scotland.
William - From the Old Norman French Willaume which is from the Old High German Willehelm (Resolute protector). The name is composed of the elements willeo (will, determination) and helm (helmet, protection).
I am 31 year old human being living somewhere in Norfolk, VA. I hold an Associate's in Information Technology from NVCC and am working on my B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Old Dominion University. My interests are varied these days.
My background is in Network Security, Programming, and Technical Support; all things tech. I have worked for the US Navy, the Army, and other institutions. A number of my projects have included data organization, automation, and collection. Lately I have taken a strong interest in global politics and monetary policy, and in making things(fabrication). I have a great desire to acheive something great for mankind.
In the past I have contributed to U.S. Government articles within Wikipedia, and reported on the Wired-sponsored Assignment Zero.
I have written three blog posts on NewAssignment.Net
Books I have read or am currently reading:
- The Fountainhead - Ayn Rand (cmplt.)
- Status Anxiety - Alain De Botton (cmplt.)
- Stiff - Mary Roach (cmplt.)
- Talk to the Hand - Lynne Truss (cmplt.)
- The Use and Abuse of Art - Jacques Barzun (un-r)
- The World is Flat 3.0 - (un-r)
- The Tipping Point - Malcolm Gladwell (mostly-r)
- Supercapitalism - Robert B. Reich (mostly-r)
- The Joke's Over: Ralph Steadman on Hunter S. Thompson - Ralph Steadman (apprx. 1/2)
Work on CZ
I performed levels of relentless editing on these articles:
I created the following images:
Work on Wikipedia
- OMB Circular A-21
- OMB Circular A-16
- OMB Circular A-130
- OMB Circular A-126
- OMB Circular A-123
- Hatch Act of 1939
- Geographic Information System
- General Services Administration
- Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of 1949
- Executive Schedule
There are three properties that I believe should be adhered to in the context of this project when it comes to non-philosophical topics: fact, relevancy, and neutrality.
- Fact: Everything that pertains to a particular subject should not be made up or speculated on. There should be no lies and no conjecture. I believe in trails, audits, and observations. That which is shown to be absolutely provable.
- Relevancy: There will always be a percentage of information which points to a demonstratable conclusion. Only the upmost definitive evidence that shows A leads to B should be included.
- Neutrality: Every viewpoint should be shown, and substantiated with credible sources. Credibile does not mean "existing", "popular", or "notable"; but rather those sources that are known to exhibit only the observable and objective truth and not an agenda or bias. Documentation is a must.
It is the reponsibility for everyone who wishes to further the knowledge and education of the masses to provide the basis for others to make their own decisions. One should be "informative" and not "convincing" when it comes to the essential elements of knowledge.