U.S. intelligence activities in the Near East/Related Articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See also changes related to U.S. intelligence activities in the Near East, or pages that link to U.S. intelligence activities in the Near East or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/CIA activities in the Middle East and South Asia. Needs checking by a human.
- AK-47 : The world's most common assault rifle, firing a 7.62mm bullet, but with reduced-power propellant and larger magazines that comparable battle rifles using the same caliber; there are variants that use lighter bullets
- Abu Zubaydah : The first High Value Detainee captured by the United States; believed to be a senior al-Qaeda logistics and travel facilitator, and possibly a counterintelligence officer
- Agency for International Development : U.S. government agency responsible for nonmilitary foreign aid of goods, services, and certain finances, although it does not operate at the highest levels of international finance. May operate assistance and development programs in foreign countries
- Atlantic Ocean : Second largest ocean in the world; separates the Americas from Europe and Africa.
- Azerbaijan : A country variously considered part of Central Asia or Southwestern Asia, with a shore on the Caspian Sea, major borders with Iran and Russia, a tense border with Armenia and a small European portion north of the Caucasus Mountains
- Bangladesh : Country in southern Asia, bordering the Bay of Bengal, between Burma and India.
- Beijing : Capital city of China (pop. 13,831,900).
- Bhutan : Landlocked constitutional republic in the Himalayan Mountains.
- Burma : Country in Southeast Asia, officially called Myanmar.
- CIA activities in Algeria : Add brief definition or description
- CIA activities in Iraq : Add brief definition or description
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Cyprus : Contested eastern Mediterranean island republic (population c. 793,000; capital Nicosia (Lefkosia)), divided between Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC, recognised only by Turkey) in the north and Greek Cypriot Republic of Cyprus (Cyprus) in the south.
- Egypt : A country in the northeastern corner of Africa, bordering Sudan, Libya, the Mediterranean Sea and the Red Sea
- Executive Order 12333 : An order issued by Ronald Reagan, clarifying some authorities of, and restrictions on, the United States intelligence community
- FIM-92 Stinger : A second-generation United States Army surface-to-air missile that can be fired from a soldier's shoulder, from vehicle-mounted launchers, and, in an air-to-air missile configuration, from attack helicopters. Uses combined infrared-ultraviolet guidance to resist countermeasures.
- Freedom of Information Act : A piece of legislation that enables individuals and groups to demand that the government review designated information that is being withheld from public release.
- Gulbuddin Hekmatyar : Afghan radical jihadist leader, not affiliated with the Taliban, at large in Afghanistan or Pakistan
- Islamabad : The capital of Pakistan
- Jalaluddin Haqqani : Commander of Taliban armed forces but also a Pashtun Ghilzai with independent affiliations with Pakistan, both Inter-Service Intelligence and tribal, as well as his home area of Afghanistan
- Jordan : An Arab country of the Middle East, landlocked and bordered by Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and the West Bank of Palestine
- Kuomintang : (KMT or GMD) is a Chinese political party that ruled China 1927-48 and then moved to Taiwan.
- Kuwait : Country on the Persian Gulf bordering Iraq to the north and Saudi Arabia to the south; population of 2.5 million.
- Middle East : A geographical region in Asia that also contains small parts of Europe and Africa.
- Morocco : Add brief definition or description
- Nepal : Add brief definition or description
- Osama bin Laden : Add brief definition or description
- Portugal : Add brief definition or description
- Saudi Arabia : Add brief definition or description
- Secret Intelligence Service : Add brief definition or description
- Sri Lanka : Add brief definition or description
- United Arab Emirates : Add brief definition or description
- United States Secretary of State : Add brief definition or description
- Western Sahara : Add brief definition or description
- Zhou Enlai : Add brief definition or description