Theodor Fontane/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Theodor Fontane, or pages that link to Theodor Fontane or to this page or whose text .
- Novel: A work of prose fiction of extended length.
- German language: A West-Germanic language, the official language of Germany, Austria and Liechtenstein, one of several official languages in Switzerland and Belgium, and also spoken in Italy and Denmark.
- German literature: Novels, poetry, essays and plays written in the German language from the earliest stages (ca. 9th century) until the present day
- Naturalism (literary): Add brief definition or description
- : Long-form works of fiction with emphasis on "manners"; i.e., depicting the lifestyles, folkways, patterns of speech and interaction and general social behavior of a particular time, place or group of people. Contrasts with novels of morals.
- Realism (arts): An artistic approach emphasizing factual accuracy of details in art or literature, by (for example) characterizing people by what they say or do instead of overtly imputing motives to them
- Romanticism: An approach to creativity which comprises such characteristics as intense emotion, a high value placed on individual experience, inspiration, energy, love of Nature, nationalist and anti-élitist sentiments, or the belief that not everything can be objectively analysed or described