Squad (land forces)/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Squad (land forces), or pages that link to Squad (land forces) or to this page or whose text .
- Infantry : Soldiers that directly confront the enemy, overcoming them with fire and maneuver while on foot or in specialized vehicles
- Infantry tactics : Add brief definition or description
- Military unit : Add brief definition or description
- Assault rifle : An individual weapon intended for infantry combat, which fires an intermediate-power cartridge, has a large magazine, and can fire fixed bursts (usually 3 shots) or in full-automatic mode
- Fire team : Add brief definition or description
- Intra-squad radio : Short-range radios, of varying levels of capability, intended to be issued to every infantry soldier and used for communication among members of a squad; newer versions provide real-time location information as well as hands-free voice
- Squad tactical radio : The designation, in U.S. and many other militaries, for a backpack radio assigned to squads of 9-13 soldiers, used for tactical coordination over a range of approximately 5 miles/8 kilometers; subsequent generations are more rugged, secure, and more power-efficient
- Company (land forces) : A combat arms unit of 100-200 soldiers or marines, commanded by a captain (land forces) or major; combat support or combat service support companies, especially when for specialized functions, may be the same size or smaller
- Combat engineer : Ground combat troops trained and equipped to improve the mobility of one's own side by breaching enemy obstacles, building bridges, etc.; blocking enemy mobility with barriers, demolition, mine warfare, etc.
- Future Combat Systems : An cancelled development program,including a variety of military systems, including armored fighting vehicles, unmanned ground vehicles, artillery, precision guided munitions and unmanned aerial vehicles; was an evolutionary step in the restructuring of the United States Army and tailored to the brigade combat team organizational structure but will continue partially in the Brigade Combat Team Modernization
- Machine gun : A firearm capable not only of full-automatic fire, but with additional features, such as large ammunition supply mechanisms, barrel cooling or quick-change features, etc., that lets it fire for prolonged periods
- Platoon : A small land military unit, typically the smallest commanded by an officer, and having a minimal headquarters, controlling two or three maneuver units, and possibly a separate fire support unit
- Unguided rocket : A form of artillery weapon that uses a rocket motor to propel a warhead at a target, using no guidance once launched