Signals intelligence collection, space-based/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Signals intelligence collection, space-based, or pages that link to Signals intelligence collection, space-based or to this page or whose text .
- Intelligence collection management : Assigning questions to various collection techniques, reflecting the techniques available and the priority of the information need. Includes the process of categorizing information learned for subsequent analysis, and assigning probabilities of accuracy to the raw information
- Radar : (acronym for "radio detection and ranging") A technique used for detecting and tracking targets, navigation, imagery, and special applications.
- Radio : Transmission and reception of information, which can be voice, data or imagery over electromagnetic radiation in free space (i.e., wireless). The information is modulated onto a carrier wave
- Telephony : Add brief definition or description
- CHALET-VORTEX satellite : Add brief definition or description
- GRAB satellite : First U.S. signals intelligence satellite
- JUMPSEAT satellite : Add brief definition or description
- ORION-MAGNUM satellite : Add brief definition or description
- POPPY satellite : Second-generation U.S. signals intelligence satellite
- RHYOLITE-AQUACADE satellite : Add brief definition or description
- Cryptanalysis : The sub-field of cryptology which deals with breaking into existing codes and ciphers.
- Direction finding : Finding the location of an electromagnetic emitter, either by the crossed bearings from directional antennas from various known points, or by time of arrival or time difference of arrival of the signal at those points
- Legal interception : Add brief definition or description
- Radiofrequency MASINT : Collection and processing of intelligence information derived from unintentional electromagnetic radiation from targets of interest
- SIGINT from 1945 to 1989 : Add brief definition or description
- SIGINT from 1990 to the present : Add brief definition or description
- SIGINT aircraft-based platforms : An aircraft or unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that carries signals intelligence sensors
- SIGINT ship-based platforms : Signals intelligence collection systems mounted on surface ships
- SIGINT submarine-based platforms : Add brief definition or description
- Smith vs. Maryland : A United States Supreme Court decision that held that a telephone subscriber had no expectation of privacy of the records of the telephone numbers to which his phone had connected
- Time of arrival : Add brief definition or description
- Traffic analysis : Traffic analysis is a branch of signals intelligence, inferring useful information from messages without actually reading them.
- United States signals intelligence directive 18 : Add brief definition or description