Signals intelligence collection, aircraft-based/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Signals intelligence collection, aircraft-based, or pages that link to Signals intelligence collection, aircraft-based or to this page or whose text .
- Aircraft : A vehicle capable of sustained flight within the Earth's atmosphere.
- SIGINT : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).
- Unmanned aerial vehicle : Add brief definition or description
- EH-60 : Add brief definition or description
- EP-3 ARIES II : An aging U.S. Navy land-based signals intelligence aircraft, somewhat similar in function to the faster RC-135 RIVET JOINT and RC-135 COMBAT SENT; has more capability than the retired carrier-based ES-3 Shadow
- Radar warning receiver : allows detection of a radar that potentially might be able to sense the platform carrying the receiver, but does not give detailed characterization of the radar signal, as needed for electronic intelligence.
- : detects and categorizes an impinging signal to the level needed for radar identification and selecting countermeasures.
- RC-135 COMBAT SENT : A long-range aircraft, operated by the United States Air Force, for collecting electronic intelligence
- RC-135 RIVET JOINT : A United States Air Force long-range aircraft for collecting communications intelligence
- Electronic support : Add brief definition or description
- Electronic warfare : A subset of information operations that deals with the use of electromagnetic or kinetic means to degrade an enemy's military electronics systems, to be able to operate one's own electronics in the face of enemy attacks, and to evade those attacks through protection or deception