Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe/Related Articles
Santa Fe Independent School District v. Doe: 2000 case in which the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that student-led, student-initiated prayer at public high school football games was unconstitutional, violating the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- First Amendment of the U.S. Constitution : The constitutional supplement which stipulates that the Congress shall not legislate to restrict the freedom of speech, religion, assembly, and petition.
- School prayer : Add brief definition or description
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit : Add brief definition or description
- American Civil Liberties Union : American political action group founded in 1920 for protection of civil liberties.
- American Jewish Congress : An interest group of Jewish Americans organized to defend Jewish interests at home and in Israel through public policy advocacy, and in working for separation of church and state and freedom of speech in the U.S.
- Walter Dellinger : Partner and chair of the Appellate Practice at O'Melveny and Myers; Visiting Professor of Law at Harvard University while on leave from his professorship at Duke Law School; head of the Office of Legal Counsel and acting Solicitor General (U.S.) in the Clinton Administration
- Marc Stern : Add brief definition or description
- Baptist Joint Committee on Public Affairs : Add brief definition or description
- American Center for Law and Justice : An organization dedicated to the "ideal that religious freedom and freedom of speech are inalienable, God-given rights", which takes legal action to protect the rights of religious and pro-life groups to public faciities; this is a "doing business as" name for Christian Advocates Serving Evangelism, the corporate name
- Colby M. May : Senior Counsel and Director of the Washington Office of the American Center for Law and Justice, wgho represents members of the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate on legislative initiatives involving national security, abortion, marriage, and pornography
- James Imhofe : Add brief definition or description
- Steve Largent : Add brief definition or description