See also Naturalism
- Realism (arts) : An artistic approach emphasizing factual accuracy of details in art or literature, by (for example) characterizing people by what they say or do instead of overtly imputing motives to them
- Modal realism : Philosophical theory that claims modal possible worlds are in some sense real, notably advocated by David Lewis.
- Model-dependent realism : A philosophical position that all we can know about reality consists of networks of world pictures that explain observations by connecting them by rules to concepts defined in models.
- Realism (international relations) : A concept, in foreign policy, that actors can cooperate on matters of common external concern, without attempting to reform one anothers' internal structures
- Scientific realism : Philosophical position that posits that the entities proposed by science are real (as opposed to an epistemic abstraction).