RIM-174 Standard SM-6/Related Articles
- See also changes related to RIM-174 Standard SM-6, or pages that link to RIM-174 Standard SM-6 or to this page or whose text .
- Anti-air warfare : In the context of naval warfare, the mission of defending against aircraft and missiles, from platforms under naval command and control, possibly in coordination with other services and possibly defending land as well as sea areas.
- Standard SM missile series : An evolving series of ship-launched guided missiles developed by the U.S. Navy and used by a number of countries; primarily for anti-air warfare but also for ballistic missile defense and attacking surface ships
- Active radar homing : In contrast to semi-active radar homing where the missile only has a radar receiver, a missile guidance mode where the missile has its own radar transmitter and receiver allowing it to act autonomously
- AIM-120 AMRAAM : A high-performance. beyond-visual-range, air-to-air missile with inertial midcourse guidance and active radar terminal guidane, developed by the U.S. and used on the aircraft of a number of countries, as well as in surface-to-air missile variants
- RIM-116 Rolling Airframe Missile : A joint U.S.-German system for final defense against supersonic, sea-skimming anti-shipping missiles such as the Russian Moskit series, generically designated by NATO as SS-N-22 SUNBURN
- RIM-156 Standard SM-2 : Intended to be launched from the vertical launch system of AEGIS battle management system equipment ships, this is principally a long-range surface-to-air missile using semi-active radar homing with no over-the-horizon capability; it can accept midcourse guidance for its secondar anti-shipping missile capability and thus engage over-the-horizon targets
- Novator R-172 (missile) : An extremely long-range Russian air-to-air missile, licensed to India, apparently optimized for attacking high-value assets such as Airborne Warning and Control System, air refueling and cruise missile carrier aircraft
- Semi-active radar homing : In contrast to active radar homing and command guidance, a missile guidance method in which the missile carries a radar receiver only, homing on the reflections, from the target, of a separate illuminating radar