RC-135 RIVET JOINT/Related Articles
- See also changes related to RC-135 RIVET JOINT, or pages that link to RC-135 RIVET JOINT or to this page or whose text .
- C3I-ISR : Command, control, communications and intelligence, combined with intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- United States Strategic Command : The U.S. unified headquarters for the missions of worldwide nuclear and conventional precision strike; command, control, communications, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of strategic operations; global network operations of the Global Information Grid, information operations, ballistic missile defense, and reduction of Weapons of Mass Destruction threats
- National Security Agency : An organization within the United States Department of Defense, with the dual roles of the principal signals intelligence agency in the United States intelligence community, but also having the responsibility for information assurance of military, diplomatic, and other critical communications.
- Eighth Air Force : The organization currently "owning" the bombers, information operations, and most intelligence aircraft of the United States Air Force; it conducted strategic bombing against Germany in the Second World War
- Signals intelligence : the practice of acquiring information through monitoring the electromagnetic signals deliberately trasmitted by an opponent, including communications (COMINT) and non-communications electronics such as radar (ELINT).
- Communications intelligence : The subset of SIGINT concerned with signals intended to be intelligible to human beings, in the form of voice, messages, or images.
- Electronic intelligence : Collection and analysis of electronic signals not intended to be intelligible to humans, such as radar or navigational aids
- Direction finding : Finding the location of an electromagnetic emitter, either by the crossed bearings from directional antennas from various known points, or by time of arrival or time difference of arrival of the signal at those points
- SIGINT aircraft-based platforms : An aircraft or unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) that carries signals intelligence sensors
- KC-135 Stratotanker : A family of jet-propelled air refueling tankers, which share a modified Boeing 707 airframe with a variety of special missions aircraft such as the RC-135 RIVET JOINT and RC-135 COBRA BALL
- ALE-47 : An intelligent countermeasures dispenser for military aircraft, which can receive commands directly from warning receivers, and dispense expendable radar and infrared decoys, as well as manage a retrievable decoy towed via an fiber optic cable
- ARC-164 : The standard U.S. and NATO UHF radio for military air-to-air and air-to-ground communications, compatible with the HAVE QUICK II electronic protection scheme; it is not a Joint Tactical Radio System device although JTRS units will interoperate with it
- ASQ-213 : A pod-mounted anti-radiation missile targeting system for the AGM-88 HARM, originally for F-16 Fighting Falcon fighters but adaptable to any aircraft with the MIL-STD-1553 electronic interface
- JWICS : A military and intelligence communications system approved for classified information designated collateral TOP SECRET, as well as any information in a compartmented control system such as Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Special Access Program (SAP)
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution System : The primary communications system used for sharing tactical information internally, and among NATO, Australia, and other U.S. allies
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- Measurement and signature intelligence : A variety of intelligence gathering disciplines complementary to the technical "mainstream" of imagery intelligence and signals intelligence.
- National Reconnaissance Office : An agency of the United States intelligence community, which designs, procures, launches, and operates intelligence satellites and certain aircraft/UAV platforms. It does not analyze their output.
- Operation DESERT STORM : That part of the Gulf War, beginning with the first air strikes at 02:00 local time, 17 January 1991, until the main ground assault into Kuwait, Operation DESERT SABRE
- RC-135 COBRA BALL : A United States Air Force aircraft for collecting measurement and signature intelligence, primarily on foreign missiles. A COBRA BALL aircraft can be converted to a RC-135 RIVET JOINT.
- RC-135 COMBAT SENT : A long-range aircraft, operated by the United States Air Force, for collecting electronic intelligence
- RC-135 family aircraft : A group of U.S. Air Force aircraft payloads for intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance that share the basic KC-135 Stratotanker airframe
- Time of arrival : Add brief definition or description