Preventive medicine/Related Articles
- See also changes related to Preventive medicine, or pages that link to Preventive medicine or to this page or whose text .
- Epidemiology : The branch of demography that studies patterns of disease in human or animal populations.
- Public Health : Add brief definition or description
- Aerospace medicine : Add brief definition or description
- Centers for Disease Control : A major center of epidemiologic research and clinical support in epidemics, considered a world resource although part of the United States Public Health Service, located in Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Epidemic : Sudden increase in the incidence of a disease
- Pandemic : Add brief definition or description
- Medical toxicology : Study of the nature, effects, and detection of poisons and the treatment of poisoning.
- Occupational medicine : The field of medicine concerned with diseases related to professional activities, and their prevention.
- Undersea and hyperbaric medicine : Add brief definition or description
- World Health Organization : United Nations' agency for health, focussing on the control and prevention of diseases, and the support for international health programs.
- Health physics : The science concerned with problems of radiation protection relevant to reducing or preventing radiation exposure, and the effects of ionizing radiation on humans and their environment
- Hyperbaric oxygen : Add brief definition or description
- Immunization : Add brief definition or description
- Weapons of mass destruction : Weapons that cause death or injury not primarily through kinetic energy of projectiles or the detonation of conventional explosives, but rather produce large-scale effects greater than possible with the same weight of explosives weapons; by means heat, blast and radiation from nuclear weapon; poisoning by chemical weapon; infectious disease by biological weapons; or acute or chronic radiation syndromes from radiological weapons.